Saturday 11 April 2009

Welcome to a quilters blog

Well I have finally given in to pressure and decided to dabble in the world of blogsphere. There is such a lot of creativity out there which I aim to become a part of.

I am childless this weekend, its still strange not to hear the constant call of "mum" though so aside from a pile of UFO's I have no excuse to start my blog. I am primarily a quilter but have a love of any stitched textiles. I am also getting pretty good at sock knitting!

This is the first UFO I am quilting. It was bought as a kit at Festival of Quilts about five (ish) years ago. I did piece the top about a month afterwards but then it found its way to the waiting to be finished pile. My DS found it last week hence it is now being finished.


It was machine appliqued and I am also machine quilting it. Hopefully I can show the finished quilt soon.

I am off to a car boot fair tomorrow with the aim of looking for buttons so I will let you know if I am successful.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya and a huge welcome to blogland! I'm sure you'regoing to have lots of fun and also fritter away lots of hours browsing from blog to blog! I love the dragon quilt and I have a dragonny friend who would be particularly happy to see it. I'll send her along! Enjoy your blogging and I'll see you next month if not before :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. It is lovely to get feedback from anyone. I would love to reply to comments so keep checking back.