Tuesday 26 May 2009

Home alone..........

For the past few nights I have been enjoying peace with the rest of the family visiting relatives in Liverpool. I have just had the call to say they are only an hour away hence this quick blog. I have done lots of stitching over the weekend but as yet haven't taken any photos. Instead I thought I would share the table runner I made for my mum's birthday, it is machine pieced with needle turn applique in the centre. The one below is obviously a Christmas one, this had painted lutradur appliqued pieces which seems to have survived the washing process.

The design is very simple and quick to stitch up, the only real tricky part is attaching the binding on the internal corners.

I have managed somehow to process onto the next module of my City & Guilds patchwork and quilting diploma, this is a distance learning course but with wonderful and supportive tutors. I am now planning my miniature quilt design but have never made anything miniature before. Anyone any tips??

1 comment:

  1. Your weekend sounds a real treat :) I love the colours of the top table runner, the blue is very fresh looking. Sorry, I can't offer any advice on miniatures, what size do you have to work to?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. It is lovely to get feedback from anyone. I would love to reply to comments so keep checking back.