Why lists? Because I have just looked at my "to do" list and felt that I have achieved nothing today so I thought about what I have actually achieved and I have -
1. Made 60 Tudor ruffs and attended a Tudor banquet with some Y3/4 children (and taught all day)
2. Written and sent off items for my magazine pages
3. Done some smocking samples for a course I am teaching in September
4. Dyed some pale browns for my City and Guilds quilt
5. Done 100 bounces on my trampoline (in the interest of lowering my BMI)
6. Done lots of "mum" stuff with washing etc as DS had his last day of school today. DS2 doesn't finish until next Wednesday though
7. Fed my children swede lasagna (OK it was actually butternut squash but they didn't know that!)
8. Taken possession of a new (to me) fridge
9. Made two jars of gooseberry jam
10. Managed to have ten minutes with DH
Maybe I have achievd something today after all.
I am really hoping to start making up my final City and Guilds quilt soon as time is ticking away. This is a sample of possible stitches in my sky. The top varigated thread just isn't right for this but it is quite hard to see. This is actually a scanned image but it's still hard to see the layers of sheers.
is the look he gave me once finally off the car - need I say more?