Monday 10 October 2011

Daffodil Dyeing

Last week I had a dyeing session using up the last of this years daffodil heads. I am amazed that I have any left as they have been used in many Natural Dyeing workshops over this year.
These are the dry heads before adding water.
Dyed fabrics and vintage laces. I love this image  (which is now my blog header). Beautiful natural buttery yellows.
Can you guess what this is?? It is a close up of some weld I am drying, it this will keep me going through the Winter if I have the urge to dye more yellows.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I didn't realise daffodils dyed such a vivid colour. Could you do a tutorial one day on how you do that ?? I'd love to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, my favourite flower. When I was a child living in a little 'village' outside of Spalding, we were surrounded by daffodils. My father also grew them for market as a hobby. I grow them here in Australia but they never seem to be as prolific, I think they don't like our hot summers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. It is lovely to get feedback from anyone. I would love to reply to comments so keep checking back.