Wednesday 12 May 2010

Happiness is parcels in the post

When I was sitting at home feeling sorry for myself lots of goodies arrives in the post. Can you guess what this is?

In a huge box from ASding came 30 yards of 80/20 wadding. I had got to the point of having none in the house and will be needing quite a lot for my C&G quilt. I got this with a couple of friends and I couldn't believe how much cheaper it was for us. If you have got friends to share costs with contact ASding. They were just so helpful, it came the day after I phoned them and no postage costs. You also get the bonus of lots of giggles when you open it out of the bag and it expands and the challenge of keeping count when you measure it out. Good job Sweetypie had a big room to do it in.

Another company equally worthy of a mention is Kemtex. They give out so much information over the phone and again the package arrived really swiftly. These jars contain Kemtex easidye acid dyes for wool. Lovely eye candy..

Andrea from Indigo Blue sent me an ATC in preparation for the ATC swap I have joined. She used gorgeous sheers, sequins and beads. I have this hanging in my sewing room.
Finally I had to order more of this -
So I could finish this.

It's not a great photo as DS was holding it up and trying not to giggle. I'll try and get a better one. I have built up a tradition of making my nephews and nieces a quilt for their first birthday so this is Sean's first quilt. We are all off to see him soon, I am sure he will have changed so much as as I haven't seen him since Christmas. This was originally a spilt nine patch design but then I realised that if I wanted to get all the stripes going the same way it was easier just to piece it. It did come together quickly though and for once I will not need to stay up all night finishing something. Even the label is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. It is lovely to get feedback from anyone. I would love to reply to comments so keep checking back.