Saturday 12 May 2012

Playing Catch Up

Well I am just not sure why the time is flying by so quickly at the moment.There are lots of exciting things happening that I will share in another post. Thank you to everyone who has left comments on my last few posts that I have not replied back to yet.
Time has been spent collecting daffodils and drying them out for use later in the year. I am sure that I could have collected more if it hadn't been for the rain.
A few weeks ago I was back in the studio teaching Natural Dyeing to a very enthusiastic group of ladies. On the dryer you can see red cabbage, brazilwood and weld.
I am cooking up a little fabric ready for a Festival of Quilts entry. Cutch for brown, weld for yellow and red cabbage for blue. Anyone want to guess what this is going to turn into?
In the next few weeks I am teaching lots of Jubilee workshops locally and I was contacted by the local paper for a photo which will appear in their Jubilee souvenir issue. After panic had set in that my face might still be around in fifty years I said yes. This was the little display before the photographer came.  I had a plan that I would not be in the photos - he had other ideas which included me wearing the Union Jack flag ribbon!

Yesterday I did a "Baby Bunting" workshop at a Children's Centre. This was very small people making bunting rather than tiny bunting. Lots of fun, I have a few photos for later as I am off to the Studio for the last Saturday of Open Studios and Art on the Map.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. It is lovely to get feedback from anyone. I would love to reply to comments so keep checking back.