Thursday 14 June 2012

Jubilee Picnic Burghley House

Yesterday I was asked to demonstrate at The Queen's Jubilee picnic which was held at Burghley House in Stamford. I was based in the Lincolnshire tent with Gillian of Strawberry Glass, Carol Parker was yarnbombing and their were lots of other creative people and food people.

I think that 10,00 people had been invited to enjoy the picnic.

 After Her Majesty arrived by helicopter she was filmed onto all the large screens so everyone could see her.
 If you look just behind the corsages I was next to some very nice men from a local brewery. I did get a bottle of beer for DH.

 The Red Arrows did a fly by and there was an acrobatic display.

 This is an image of everyone gathering by the side of the road before The Queen left.
Finally, an in the car photo (no I sadly didn't take this one)
It was a fantastic day but very tiring. I have a Cake and Make tomorrow and a Stitch for Texture workshop at the studio on Saturday. Off to bed now (well after sewing some binding on first)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day. Love the way the corsages were displayed and I bet DH was delighted with his beer.
    Hope the workshops go well.What do you do at the cake and make?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day and I love your corsages. I can imagine how tiring it was but worth every ache, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. It is lovely to get feedback from anyone. I would love to reply to comments so keep checking back.