Well it happened, snow fell and the opportunity to do some snow dyeing was too great to resist.
It was the wrong kind of snow, not icy enough and "fluffy" however I carried on. I normally lay fabrics onto a mesh tray so that the fabric doesn't stay sat in the dye. Today as I had only prepared about a metre of fabric I stuffed it into a large cullender and crammed the snow on top.
This was procion deep purple and I had mixed two different strengths.
It doesn't take long for the dye to begin to move into the fibres.
I decided to put this mix outside, the plan being that the snow would freeze again.
I did a lime green mix but this wasn't in a very high pot so I was unable to cram as much snow on top.
Daisy was very interested in what I was doing. I rinsed off the green today and am a bit disappointed in the results. Fantastic colour but not much texture and marks in the cloth. The purple still has ice on it and is looking much more promising. Results soon.