Friday, 16 March 2012

Stitching on

 This week I managed a little sewing with Sweetpie. I am working on more landscape samples using polyester/polycotton fabrics and transfer dyes. This photo is a bit fuzzy but she is working on some fantastic little pockets which will be made up into books.
On the lower right is some satin. The photo doesn't show just how much it shines. I still need to finish off the horizon lines. I need to complete an NVQ for work but I am not making quite such good progress. It needs to be completed by next Wednesday though so I had better  get going.

Sweetypie gave me this very large pan that was donated to her jumble sale. It is very old but I have got four meters of cotton it in to mordant for some natural dyeing. I always use aluminum acetate when mordanting cotton and after simmering for about an hour I leave everything in the pan soaking four 2-3 days as I find this givse me the brightest colours.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I've been looking for a pot like that to cook eucalyptus leaves in, oh, & a bundle of cloth, of course ;)


Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. It is lovely to get feedback from anyone. I would love to reply to comments so keep checking back.