Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Studio Update

Yesterday I managed my first nearly full day in the studio. It was really productive and I made up a quilt top using some madder dyed cotton which had "cooked" on top of my woodburner during the cold weather. These photos just don't show up all the texture in the cloth.

I am also starting to dry out daffodils ready for workshops this year.
I am not sure if I have shown this but it is my C&G diploma final piece hanging outside the studio.
I am teaching a Procion dyeing workshop today. It has been such a long time since I did this as I definitely prefer using natural things to dye with now. I must remember to take photos.


  1. I love that work hanging outside. Closer pics please!

  2. I had a bit of a failure with some daffodil heads that I dried out as they went mouldy in the container after I thought it was safe to put the lid on :-( I can see a lot of marks in the madder fabric so I know it must look even better irl. Your C&G piece is beautiful, I love that it is in three parts.

    I'm so sorry about not being able to come to Summer School after I said I was interested. Bad timing on my part.


Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. It is lovely to get feedback from anyone. I would love to reply to comments so keep checking back.